Culture Summary: Yukaghir
Human Relations Area Files • New Haven • Published In 2020 • Pages:
By: Gurvich, Innokenti S., Friedrich, Paul.
AbstractThis is a culture summary of the Yukaghir. Information is presented on major aspects of Yukaghir culture.
- HRAF PubDate
- New Haven, Conn.: HRAF, 2020. @delectronic resource
- Sub Region
- North Asia
- Document Type
- Ethnologist - 4
- Teferi Abate Adem; 2019
- Coverage Date
- Coverage Place
- Kolyma river basin, eastern Sakha Republic and northern Magadan Oblast, Russia
- Innokenti S. Gurvich, Paul Friedrich, transl.
- This culture summary is from the article "Yukagir" by Innokenti S. Gurvich (translated by Paul Friedrich), in the Encyclopedia of World Cultures, Vol. 6, Russia and Eurasia/China, Paul Friedrich and Norma Diamond, eds. Boston, Mass.: G. K. Hall & Co. 1994. Population figures and geographical references were updated by Leon G. Doyon in August, 2019.
- Includes bibliographical references