The Carolines Island Yap
Wilhelm Süsserot • Berlin • Published In 1906 • Pages:
By: Salesius, Father.
AbstractThis is a general ethnographic account of Yap culture. Clothing and adornment, behavior and personality, the economy and geography are covered in more detail than social and political organization and recreation. Religion is briefly mentioned. Some information is given about foreign populations on Yap, including missionaries. (The author was a member of the Capuchin Order).
- HRAF PubDate
- Sub Region
- Document Type
- Joan Steffens ; 1963
- Coverage Date
- Coverage Place
- Yap State, Federated States of Micronesia
- Father Salesius
- Translation of: [Die Karolinen-Insel Jap]
- The original German text is included
- Translated from the German in 1942 for the Yale Cross-Cultural Survey in connection with the Navy Pacific Islands Handbook Project
- Yapese (Micronesian people)/Yap (Micronesia)