Coral Island: portrait of an atoll
Scribner • New York • Published In 1958 • Pages:
By: Bates, Marston, Abbott, Donald Putnam.
AbstractThis source is a nontechnical report of a 1953 expedition to Ifaluk atoll sponsored by the Pacific Science Board. The authors were members of a team which included an anthropologist, biologist, geologist, hydrologist, ichtyologist and zoologist, and describe, in a narrative form, the life of the expedition members and their findings. The materials on the daily life of the Ifaluk, their techniques of fishing and gardening, and the food habits are in detail and reflect the interdisciplinary background of the research team. This is also a good source for Ifaluk topography, fauna and flora.
- HRAF PubDate
- Sub Region
- Document Type
- book chapter
- Natural Scientists-5
- Hesung C. Koh ; 1962; Teferi A. Adem 2005
- Coverage Date
- Coverage Place
- Ifaluk, Woleai Region, Federated States of Micronesia
- [by] Marston Bates and Donald P. Abbott
- Pp. 12-24, 92-254 were not included in the file
- Ifalik Atoll (Micronesia)