The ethnography of Ulithi Atoll
University of California • (28) • Published In 1950 • Pages: vii, 269 leaves
By: Lessa, William Armand.
AbstractThis monograph is a detailed, comprehensive ethnographic study of Ulithi Atoll written by William A. Lessa over a nine month period in 1947 through 1949. Major topics include information on culture history, physical and mental characteristics of the people, exploitative activities, property, family and kinship, political and social organization, law and social control, conflict, religion and magic, and the cycle of life from infancy to old age and death. Two appendices provide information on wild flora of economic value, and a list of cultivated plants.
- HRAF PubDate
- Sub Region
- Document Type
- John Beierle ; 2006
- Coverage Date
- Coverage Place
- Ulithi Atoll, Federated States of Micronesia
- BY William A. Lessa
- Final report of W.A. Lessa; Pacific Science Board National Research Council; N7-onr-291: T O IV & Viking Fund Inc.
- Includes bibliographical references
- Ethnology Caroline Islands Ulithi
- Ulithi (Caroline Islands)