The social history of an Indonesian town
Greenwood Press • Westport, Conn. • Published In 1975 • Pages:
By: Geertz, Clifford.
AbstractThis source traces the social history of the town of Modjokuto and its rural environs from the mid-nineteenth century to the mid-twentieth. The source contains descriptions of the development of the surrounding rural area; the development of the town of Modjokuto; the contrasting elements-i.e., political parties, political participation, elites vs. masses, urban vs. rural, and modern vs. traditional—which constitute the 'cultural paradigm' of Modjokuto in the mid-fifties; and an epilogue which exemplifies the cultural paradigm in action, i.e. the description of a kalurahan election. Category 183 was used for the 'cultural paradigm.'
- HRAF PubDate
- Sub Region
- Southeast Asia
- Document Type
- Marlene Martin ; 1982
- Coverage Date
- Coverage Place
- Mojokerto, East Java, Indonesia
- Clifford Geertz
- Reprint of the ed. published by the M.I.T. Press, Cambridge, Mass.
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Javanese (Indonesian people)/Java (Indonesia)--Social conditions--Case studies
- Modjokerto, Indonesia--Social conditions