The broken spears: the Aztec account of the conquest of Mexico
Beacon Press • Boston • Published In 1962 • Pages:
AbstractThis source consists of selected excerpts from a number of primary sources revealing the Aztec point of view of the downfall of their imperial society and culture, as recounted by native authors and informants, in some cases from living memory. The excerpts are reassembled in chronological order, from portents a decade prior to the arrival of the Spanish, through the fall of Tenochtitlan.
- HRAF PubDate
- Middle America and the Caribbean
- Sub Region
- Central Mexico
- Document Type
- M. A. Marcus ; 1984
- Coverage Date
- Coverage Place
- Mexico City (Teotihuacan), Mexico
- Miguel León-Portilla ; English translation by Lysander Kemp. Illus., adapted from original codices paintings, by Alberto Beltran
- Translation of: [Visión de los vencidos] which was translated from Nahuati by Angel Maria Garibay K.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 158-162)