The dancing of the Somali
somalia, scritti vari editi ed inediti • 3 • Published In 1964 • Pages: HRAF Ms: 11 [original: 41-44 ]
By: Cerulli, Enrico.
AbstractIn addition to a brief discussion of some of the named dances performed by various Somali subgroups, and their functional value to the society as a whole, the greater part of this source deals in some detail with the various dance movements of a DAB-SID or Somali New Year's Day ceremony personally observed by the author at Mahaddäy on the Webi in August 1919.
- HRAF PubDate
- Sub Region
- Eastern Africa
- Document Type
- Lawyer, Social Scientist-4,5
- John Beierle ; Sigrid Khera ; 1972
- Coverage Date
- Coverage Place
- Somalia, Djibouti, and southeastern Ethiopia
- Enrico Cerulli
- Translation of: La danza dei Somali.
- The original Italian text is not included
- Includes bibliographical references
- Translated for the HRAF files by Piero Biancani