Texts of the consuetudinary law of the Marrehân Somali
somalia, scritti vari editi ed inediti • 2 • Published In 1959 • Pages: HRAF Ms: 18 [original:75-86 ]
By: Cerulli, Enrico.
AbstractIn this study the relationship between lower and higher castes as well as between masters and slaves, among certain Somali groups are discussed. Crime within a family, which includes slaves, is not punishable by the tribe.
- HRAF PubDate
- Sub Region
- Eastern Africa
- Document Type
- Lawyer, Social Scientist-4,5
- Sigrid Khera ; 1971-1972
- Coverage Date
- not specified
- Coverage Place
- Somalia, Djibouti, and southeastern Ethiopia
- Enrico Cerulli
- Translation of: Testi di diritto consuetudinario dei Somali Marrehân.
- The original Italian text is not included
- Includes bibliographical references
- Translated for the HRAF files by Piero Biancani