Cornell University Press • Ithaca, N.Y. • Published In 1955 • Pages:
By: Dube, S. C. (Shyama Charan).
AbstractThis book provides thorough discussions of the social, political and religious structure of the village of Shamirpet. While this is primarily a descriptive study, the author is concerned with the concepts and techniques applied to community studies, and frequently cites relevant theory. The concluding chapter deals with culture change in the community as seen in the context of India as a whole.
- HRAF PubDate
- Sub Region
- South Asia
- Document Type
- R. H. Ewald; 1955
- Coverage Date
- Coverage Place
- Shamirpet, Warangal district, Telangana, India
- S. C. Dube ; with foreword by Morris Edward Opler
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 238-241)
- Villages--India--Case studies
- Shamirpet (India)
- India--Rural conditions--Case studies